|COL. KYLE D. VOIGT|
Col. Kyle D. Voigt is the vice commander of the 100th Air Refueling Wing, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, England. The "bloody 100th" supports four USAF MAJCOM flying programs and more than 16,800 military, civilian, dependent, and retiree personnel. With 15 KC-135 aircraft, the wing is the only permanently assigned air refueling operation in the European theater.
Colonel Voigt graduated from the USAF Academy in 1990. After attending pilot training at Reese AFB, Texas, he served multiple tours in the KC-135R including roles as instructor pilot and wing executive officer. He commanded the 818th Global Mobility Squadron at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J and also led Cadet Squadron 15 at the USAF Academy as air officer commanding. In his most recent operational tour, he served as Director of Staff to the 321st Air Expeditionary Wing and Deputy Chief of Staff to the Multi-National Security Transition Command-Iraq.
Colonel Voigt is a command pilot with over 2,500 flying hours in the KC-135R, C-12F, T-38, and T-37.
1990 Bachelor of Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (extended campus), McConnell AFB, Kan.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2005 Master of Air Mobility, Air Mobility Warfare Center, Ft Dix, N.J.
2006 Air War College, by correspondence
2011 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 1990 - October 1990, executive officer, Cadet Drum and Bugle Corps, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2. November 1990 - November 1992, student, undergraduate pilot training, Reese AFB, Texas.
3. December 1992 - May 1994, pilot, 28th Air Refueling Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
4. June 1994 - March 1998, aircraft commander, instructor pilot, and executive officer, 350th Air Refueling Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
5. April 1998 - December 2000, commander, Cadet Squadron 15, and cadet training officer, 34th Training Squadron, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
6. January 2001 - April 2004, assistant operations officer, 91st Air Refueling Squadron, and wing executive officer, 6th Air Mobility Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
7. May 2004 - Jul 2005, student, Advanced Study of Air Mobility, Air Mobility Warfare Center, Ft. Dix, N.J.
8. August 2005 - June 2007, chief of U.S. Air Force Academy activities, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
9. July 2007 - June 2009, commander, 818th Global Mobility Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
10. July 2009 - June 2010, deputy chief of staff, Multi-National Security Transition Command-Iraq, and director of staff, 321st Air Expeditionary Wing and Iraq Training and Advisory Mission-Air Force, Baghdad, Iraq.
11. July 2010 - June 2011, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. July 2011 - present, vice commander, 100th Air Refueling Wing, RAF Mildenhall, England.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: 2,500
Aircraft flown: KC-135R, C-12, and T-38
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Company Grade Officer of the Year (1999), U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
Company Grade Officer of the Year (1996), McConnell AFB, Kan.
Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, May 30, 1990
First Lieutenant, May 30, 1992
Captain, May 30, 1994
Major, July 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel, March 1, 2006
Colonel, September 1, 2010
(Current as of August 2011)