PRINT | E-MAIL
Col. Matthew G. Pollock is the Commander, 100th Maintenance Group, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom. The 100th MXG is accountable for a full spectrum of aircraft & equipment maintenance, ensuring readiness of refueling operations, tactical airlift, special operations and strategic reconnaissance throughout the EUCOM, AFRICOM and CENTCOM theaters. The unit provides the only organic air refueling capability in theater for USAFE, ACC, AFSOC and AMC. The 100th MXG also maintains regional fuel systems repair capability for all KC-135 aircraft and deploys personnel and equipment to meet COCOM taskings.
Colonel Pollock has held aircraft maintenance positions in Air Combat Command, Air Mobility Command, Air Education and Training Command, Pacific Air Forces Command and Air Force Materiel Command supporting B-1B, F-16, F-15E, F-15C, KC-135R, E-3, U-27A, C-5 and C-130H Aircraft. His duties have taken him on numerous worldwide deployments, to include Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, NORTHERN WATCH and IRAQI FREEDOM. He has served as Course Director for the Aircraft and Munitions Maintenance Officer Courses at Sheppard Air Force Base, Commander of the 402d Electronic Maintenance Support Squadron at Robins Air Force Base, Senior Maintenance Air Advisor to the Iraqi Air Force at Kirkuk Airbase, Iraq and Commander of the 56th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron at Luke Air Force Base.
Colonel Pollock was commissioned as a distinguished graduate from East Carolina University in 1994. Prior to this assignment, Colonel Pollock was the Chief of V-22 Joint Readiness at the V-22 Joint Program Office, PMA-275, Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Maryland.
1994 Bachelor of Arts, East Carolina University
1998 Masters Degree in Administration, Central Michigan University
1999 Aircraft Mishap Investigation Course
2000 Air Mobility Operations Course
2006 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence
2011 Air War College by correspondence
1. June 1995 – May 1997, Maintenance Training Flight Commander, 4th Logistics Support Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
2. May 1997 – August 1997, Munitions Flight Commander, 4th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
3. August 1997 – August 1998, Sortie Support Flight Commander, 335th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
4. August 1998 – March 2001, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 22nd Aircraft Generation Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
5. March 2001 – February 2003, Instructor, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, 362nd Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
6. February 2003 – January 2004, Instructor Supervisor of AMMOC, 360th Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
7. January 2004 – June 2004, Course Director of AMMOC, 360th Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
8. June 2004 – June 2005, Maintenance Operations Officer, 3rd Component Maintenance Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
9. June 2005 – June 2006, Maintenance Operations Officer, 703rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
10. June 2006 – August 2007, Commander, 402nd Electronics Maintenance Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. August 2007 – September 2008, Chief of Supply Chain Management Division, 730th Aircraft Sustainment Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. September 2008 – August 2010, Commander, 56th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
13. August 2010 – July 2012, Chief of Maintenance Inspections for the Inspector General, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
14. July 2012 – July 2015, Deputy Commander, 7th Maintenance Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
15. July 2015 – July 2017, Chief, V-22 Joint Readiness, PMA-275, Patuxent River NAS, Md.
16. July 2017 – Present, Commander, 100th Maintenance Group, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant January 11, 1995
First Lieutenant January 11, 1997
Captain January 11, 1999
Major May 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2010
Colonel July 1, 2016
(Current as of July 2017)