PRINT | E-MAIL
Col. Carol J. “CJ” Miller is the Commander of the 100th Mission Support Group, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, England. She leads five squadrons and over 1,600 military, civilian, Local Nationals, and Ministry of Defence personnel in providing critical combat support and services to the 100th Air Refueling Wing, partner units, eight geographically separated units, and over 16,000 family members and retirees living in the local area.
Colonel Miller graduated from Officer Training School and entered the Air Force in 1994 as a Personnel Officer. She has served in a variety of leadership positions at numerous Air Force levels, including squadron, wing, major command, and Headquarters Air Force. Col Miller commanded the 8th Force Support Squadron at Kunsan AB, Korea and served as the Deputy Commander, 56th Mission Support Group, Luke AFB.
Her staff assignments include tours on the Air Staff, Pacific Air Forces, and Headquarters Eighth Air Force. Colonel Miller has served twice as Deputy Group Commander for the 387th Air Expeditionary Group and the 386th Expeditionary Mission Support Group. She also deployed twice as the PERSCO Team Chief, leading the largest deployed PERSCO function at Prince Sultan Airbase and directing the 586th Expeditionary Support Group in support of 1,700 Air Force personnel embedded with the Army.
Other deployments were as the Delta Squadron section commander supporting Operation JOINT FORGE/GUARD and executive officer for the 4404th Logistics Group supporting Operation SOUTHERN WATCH. Prior to assuming her current position, Colonel Miller was the Deputy Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Georgia.
1991 Bachelor of Science degree in Education, Truman State University, Kirksville, Mo. 1999 Academic Instructor School, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Master of Arts, Business Administration, Lesley University, Cambridge, Mass. 2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2007 Marine Command and Staff College, in residence, Masters of Military Science
2011 Air War College, by correspondence 2016 Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
1. May 94 - Jan 97, Chief of Relocation and Employment/Customer Support and Section Commander, 90th MissionSupport Squadron, F.E. Warren AFB,Wyo.
2. Jan 97 - Jan 98, Section Commander, 320th Missile Squadron, F.E. Warren AFB,Wyo.
3. Jan 98 - Jul 99, Section Commander, 40th Airlift Squadron, Dyess AFB,Texas
4. Jul 99 - May 02, Chief of Education and Training and Chief of Military Equal Opportunity, 7th Bomb Wing, DyessAFB, Texas
5. May 02 - Jun 03, Chief, Senior Officers Matters, 8th Air Force, Barksdale AFB, Shreveport, La.
6. Jun 03 - May 04, Executive Officer, 463d Airlift Group, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
7. May 04 - Jul 06, Commander, Military Personnel Flight, 314th Mission Support Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
8. Jul 06 - Jun 07, Student, Marine Command and Staff College, Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.
9. Jun 07 - Jun 09, Legislative Liaison/Action Officer, COMPACAF Action Group, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
10. Jun 09 - Jun 10, Commander, 8th Force Support Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
11. Jun 10 - Aug 12, Chief, Force Requirements and Sustainment Branch, Headquarters U.S. Air Force Office of AirForce Reserve (AFR), Washington, D.C.
12. Aug 12 - Feb 13, Chief, Uniform & Recognition Branch, Headquarters U.S. Air Force Office,Washington, D.C.
13. Feb 13 - Aug 16, Deputy Commander, 56th Mission Support Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
14. Aug 16 - May 18, Deputy Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force ReserveCommand, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. May 18 - Present, Commander, 100th Mission Support Group, RAF Mildenhall, England
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 3, 1994
First Lieutenant May 3, 1996
Captain May 3, 1998
Major June 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 2009
Colonel July 1, 2016