Col Gene A. Jacobus is the Commander, 100th Air Refueling Wing, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom, supporting four U.S. Air Force major command flying programs and more than 16,800 military, civilian, dependent, and retiree personnel. With 15 KC-135 aircraft, the wing is the only permanently assigned air refueling operation in the European theater.
Prior to assuming his current position, Col Jacobus served as the Vice Commander, 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash. where he assisted the Wing Commander in leading activities and assigned functions of Fairchild AFB, providing support for 23 associate units, and daily operations of 63 KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft performing refueling, airlift, and aeromedical evacuation missions.
Col Jacobus was commissioned through Air Force ROTC at Florida State University in 2000. He began his flying career at Charleston AFB, S.C. and has primarily flown the KC-135R/T and C-17. He has commanded at the squadron level and has experience in air refueling, airlift, air operations center, and contingency response operations.
2000 Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Studies, Florida State University, Fla.
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Masters of Business Administration, Touro University International, Calif.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Joint Mobility Fellow, Air University, Scott AFB, Ill.
2012 Certificate of Advanced Supply Chain Management, St Louis University, Mo.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2017 Masters of National Security and Resource Strategy with Supply Chain Concentration, Eisenhower School, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
1. June 2000 – January 2001, Current Operations, 6th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2. January 2001 – October 2001, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla.
3. October 2001 – May 2002, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
4. October 2002 – May 2007, Wing Executive Officer & Evaluator Pilot, C-17, 437th Airlift Wing, Charleston AFB, S.C.
5. May 2007 – Jun 2010, Air Mobility Command Phoenix Mobility Program Officer, 621st Contingency Response Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
6. June 2010 – July 2011, Chief Wing Standards and Evaluations, 621st Contingency Response Wing, JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
7. July 2011 – May 2012, Student, Joint Mobility Fellowship Program, Air University, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. May 2012 – February 2013, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. June 2013 – June 2016, Operations Officer and Commander, 91st Air Refueling Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
10. June 2016 – June 2017, Student, Eisenhower School, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
11. June 2017 – June 2019, United States Transportation Command Liaison Officer to United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
12. June 2019 – June 2021, Vice Commander, 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
13. July 2021 – Present, Commander, 100th Air Refueling Wing, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2017 – June 2019, United States Transportation Command Liaison Officer to United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb., as a colonel
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 2,500
Aircraft flown: C-17, KC-135, T-1, T-34
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 2000
First Lieutenant May 2002
Captain May 2004
Major December 2009
Lieutenant Colonel October 2013
Colonel May 2018
(Current as of July 2021)