HomeContact UsQuestions

If your question relates specifically to RAF Mildenhall, please see the questions below. If you have a question which is not addressed here, you may find the answer by visiting the Questions page of U.S. Air Forces in Europe, or the Questions page of the U.S. Air Force. For general military questions, please refer to the Department of Defense's FAQs page


Collapse All Expand All
Can I request aviation support for any community event?
No, aviation support will only be considered for aviation-oriented events (i.e. air shows, airport anniversaries or dedications) or for patriotic observances held with formal observances.

How do I request aviation support?
All requests for aviation support will need to be requested through the U.S. Embassy to the deputy air attaché. Click here to download the worksheet. Requests should be submitted to 100arw.pa@us.af.mil.

How far in advance does my request need to be submitted?
Requests should be received no later than 60 days before the event/air show.

What is aviation support?
Aviation support includes flyovers, static displays and participation in air shows.

Will all requests be supported?
No, due to mission requirements and the type of event, the request can be denied. If the U.S. Embassy deems the request appropriate, the request will then be routed through appropriate channels.

How do I request honor guard support?

For off base requests, please email the following information to the 100th Air Refueling Wing Public Affairs at 100ARW.HonorGuard2@us.af.mil 15 business days prior to the event date.

Your name:
Phone number:

1. Type of event requested (Change of Command, Retirement, Parade, etc.).

2. Event information (Rehearsal Dates Included):
a. Date:
b. Time:
c. Location (Including Postcode):

3. Honoree information:
a. Rank & Name:
b. Unit:

4. Point of contact information:
a. Rank & Name:
b. Unit:
c. Email:
d. Phone:

5. Please identify all support requests
(e.g. Pre-Post/Presenting Colors/Flag Fold/POW Table)

6. If necessary, identify any extra considerations/details or special requests.

How do I make a noise/low flying complaint?
The U.K. Ministry of Defence offers a website that allows you to file a noise/low flying complaint.

Why does the military conduct low flying operations?
The U.K. Ministry of Defence states, "The ability to operate military aircraft and helicopters at low level is an essential part of ensuring operational success. Low flying training in the U.K. enables this vital capability."

For more information about low flying, click here.

Can I have non-aviation Air Force assets support my event?

Many times, Air Force assets and displays can be used to support community events as long as the event is open to the general public, and does not endorse or benefit any private individual, special interest group, business, or commercial venture, political candidate or organization.
How do I request the use of Air Force assets?

Fill-out DD Form 2536 and return it to the 100th Air Refueling Wing Public Affairs.

What are non-aviation Air Force assets?

Non-aviation Air Force assets include the base honor guard, guest speakers, the USAFE band, fire department trucks/equipment, security forces vehicles, and security forces military working dogs.
Will filling out the DD Form 2536 guarantee my request?

Due to mission requirements, not all requests can be guaranteed.

To request photo or video support, please complete an AF Form 833, available HERE, print and sign/date section 24, scan the signed copy and email it to 100arw.pa@us.af.mil. Signed forms can also be dropped off at the Public Affairs office in Building 239.

Studio appointments (Head & shoulder portraits)
Monday and Wednesday
By appointment only times from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Thursday (Full length)
By appointment only for full-length special duty official photos and Department of the Army photos. By appointment only from times from 9 to 11 a.m.

01. When does RAF Mildenhall offer tours?

RAF Mildenhall offers tours on Tuesdays only (weekend/evening tours are not available) from March through October. For more information, please contact the 100th Air Refueling Wing Public Affairs Office.

Commercial telephone (from the U.S.): 01144 1638-542654
Commercial telephone (from England): 01638-542654
DSN: (314) 238-2654

02. What does a base tour consist of?

Base tours consist of a unit visit, lunch (catered or group can bring own lunch), a mission brief and a tour of a KC-135 Stratotanker static display (if available)

03. How long does a base tour take?

The tour lasts four to four and a half hours.

04. How small or large can a group be to tour the base?

The minimum number of participants is 15, the maximum is 40. Also, there must be enough room in your bus to accommodate all attendees plus up to 5 U.S. Air Force representatives.

05. Are there age restrictions?

Yes. Our tours are not suitable for children under 13.

06. Is an ID required to access the base?

Yes, a valid photo ID (no photocopies are allowed) is required for every tour participant (including the bus driver) to access RAF Mildenhall. Without a photo ID, tour participants will be denied entry to the installation. Accepted forms of ID are photo driver's license, official bus pass or passport. All forms of ID must be current and not expired. There are no exceptions to this policy.

07. Do I need to charter a vehicle?

Yes, only one charter bus per a tour group.

08. Can the tour accommodate wheelchairs, mobility scooters or individuals with mobility restrictions?

Yes, as long as the tour group's bus can accommodate. All of the buildings that are visited during a tour are wheelchair accessible. However, the tour usually will also include a tour onboard a KC-135 jet. To board this aircraft, individuals must be able to climb a flight of stairs unassisted.

09. How do I schedule a tour?

Please send an e-mail with a description of your group and the number of potential attendees to the100th Air Refueling Wing Public Affairs Office at 100arw.pamr@us.af.mil.

10. How long does it take to arrange a tour?

We need at least a two-month notice to schedule a tour. However, tour availability spots do fill up quickly and are on a first-come/first/served basis.

11. What happens after I submit a tour request?

Public Affairs will respond by either phone or e-mail if the proposed tour date can or can't be supported. If not, Public Affairs will recommend an alternative date that is available. Tour dates are available on first-come/first-serve basis.

12. Can my tour be cancelled?

Unfortunately, yes. We will make every effort to ensure that your tour will be completed as scheduled, but military missions take priority over tours and depending on military mission tasks or current security operations, a tour may be cancelled. If that happens, we will let the tour sponsor know as soon as possible.

13. What should I wear?

Individuals will be denied entry to the base if clothing is offensive or derogatory in nature. Individuals should be dressed for outdoor weather as parts of the tour are conducted outside in addition to standard fitting clothing. Loose or oversized fitting clothing can snag on parts of the aircraft and formal attire can become damaged or dirty while onboard the aircraft. Closed toe comfortable walking shoes are mandatory.  High heal, "flip-flops", open toe sandals, barefoot or otherwise unsafe footwear will not be permitted to board the aircraft due to safety concerns. Participants should consider not wearing dresses or skirts for privacy concerns during access to the "boom pod" while onboard the aircraft.

Public Affairs

This website is maintained by the 100th Air Refueling Wing Public Affairs office. For questions about what services we provide, contact us at DSN: 314-238-2654.

100th Air Refueling Wing Public Affairs
Unit 4890, Box 135
APO AE 09459-5000
The public affairs office is unable to redirect calls or provide phone numbers. If searching for a phone number on base, please call the base operator or click here.
Calling Base Operator from the United States:
Comm: 011 44 1638 541 110
DSN: 314-238-1110
Calling Base Operator from within England:
Comm: 01638 541 110
DSN: 238-1110